The Department of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at PSRI is the most advanced and fully equipped department which provides holistic care in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of Respiratory, and Sleep disorders. This department provides World class Critical care (Intensive care) in highly equipped ICUs with `State of the art’ technology. Our specialists have wide experience from the premier institutes in India and abroad. The department is armed with latest management modalities for diseases like asthma and allergies, chest Infections such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, chronic lung diseases like ILD and COPD and sleep disorders. The department has highly specialized medical and surgical ICUs with facility for mechanical ventilation, non-invasive ventilation, cardiopulmonary monitoring and ICU bronchoscopy among others.
- The department has Intervention Pulmonogy suite which has the facility of bronchoscopy, EBUS (endobronchial ultrasound; both linear and radial) and thoracoscopy for diagnosis of lung diseases including Lung cancer. The bronchoscopic services are maintained by a team of experts and supported by experienced pathologist.
- Assessment of Lung functions (Spirometry): measures lung function, for diagnosis and monitoring of respiratory diseases.
- Diffusing Capacity - measures the lung's ability to absorb and excrete gases, notably, oxygen and carbon dioxide.
- Six-minute walk test : Advanced test for monitoring lung capacity .
- FeNO (Exhaled Nitric oxide)and allergy testing for advanced management of Asthma.
- Comprehensive diagnostics and therapeutic consultation is available for Sleep related disorders (Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and others).
Services offered by the Department:
- Intensive care Medicine (ICU)
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS)
- Pulmonary Function test with diffusion
- Six- minute walk test
- Allergic testing
- Polysomnography (Sleep Study)
- BiPAP and CPAP