Physiotherapy is a health care profession with an emphasis on the use of physical approaches for the promotion of health and the prevention, treatment and management of disease and disability. It is the fourth largest healthcare profession in the world and addresses problems with movement, dysfunction and pain. These can arise from musculoskeletal, neurological, respiratory, chronic disability conditions, or from mental illness and intellectual impairment.
Goals are achieved through comprehensive assessment with individualized treatment combining education, continuous support, home exercise programmes and advice, using knowledge from our extensive scientific background of human anatomy and physiology.
PSRI Physiotherapy Department aspires:
- To establish highest quality service, which is sensitive to the needs of the individual, the hospital and the community. The staff has good expertise and their skills commensurate with the highest standards of the profession.
- To the cultivation of an environment, which fosters and stimulates a spirit of enquiry and analysis, creating a service, which is dynamic, effective and appropriate.
- To enable patients to achieve the highest quality of life, which their condition allows, by educating and encouraging patient participation in care management and by ensuring that the formulation of care plans encompasses both the social and environmental factors.
- To promote and support continuing professional development, education and research.
The Physiotherapy Department is proactive in both Education and Research. PSRI physiotherapy service encompasses an inpatient and outpatient service, an ergonomic service, moving & handling training program. The Physiotherapy Department is organized under three core specialties, which encompass the scope of physiotherapy practice namely:
- Cardiorespiratory care: Surgical Respiratory, Medical Respiratory, Non-Invasive Ventilation and Cardiology.
- In-patient and Out Patient Orthopedics, Rheumatology, Ergonomics, Pain Management and Hand Therapy
- Rehabilitation: Stroke care, Neurology and Rehabilitation and Care of the Elderly
All clinical areas are represented by senior physiotherapist and the Department is equipped with all electrotherapy equipments.
Physiotherapy Contact Number:
There is a direct phone line to the Physiotherapy Department
Phone No: 011-30611977
9:30 am to 4.30 pm. An answering service is available outside of normal working hours at Phone No. 011-30611999.
The Physiotherapy Department is opened from 9:30 am to 4.30 pm Monday to Saturday. Emergency service is available for inpatients 24 * 7.